Allowing another instructor to use your VoiceThread(s)
An instructor may want to use a VoiceThread in their course that another instructor has created or had used in a previous semester. The original creator of the VoiceThread must first share the VoiceThread with the new instructor. Then the new instructor can make a copy of the VoiceThread to share with the students in their Canvas course site.
Creator of the VoiceThread task
- Share the VT with the new instructor with Edit access.
New instructor tasks
- Go to your VT Home page (via Canvas) to view the VoiceThread.
- Go to the Sharing area of the VoiceThread you want to use.
- Copy the Share link.
- In Canvas, add an external tool link for an Individual VoiceThread in your Canvas course.
- Click on Add a VoiceThread by Share link or ID (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Adding a VoiceThread by share link
- Paste in the Share link you copied earlier.
- Click Add.
- Click Make a new copy to share.
- Add the new semester designation to the VoiceThread title (See Fig 2).
- Decide what comments need to be kept or removed from the VoiceThread (See Fig. 2).
Figure 2: New VoiceThread settings
- Click Copy.
- The new VoiceThread will now show in your list of VoiceThreads.
- Make sure the VoiceThread you want to add is selected and click Share with Class (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Share with Class button
- You will receive a confirmation that the VoiceThread has been shared with the class (See Fig. 4).
Figure 4: Shared VoiceThread confirmation
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, May 25, 2021 at 4:24 PM