Entering Your Exam Information in Examity
Instructors must connect Examity to their Canvas site before following the instructions below.
You will not be entering your exam material on the Examity site. Your exams will remain in Canvas or in the textbook publisher's site you use for your class. The Examity Dashboard is your connection to the proctors that will observe your test takers and where you provide all proctoring instructions.
Confirm Canvas quiz settings
Before opening Examity, ensure that your Canvas quizzes have a time limit and a password (See Fig 1). For instructions on Canvas quiz settings please see What options can I set in a quiz?
Entering Exam Information in Examity
- From your Canvas site, click on the Examity link you added to your Module page.
- Click the Load Examity in a new window button.
- You'll land on the Course page of your Examity Dashboard.
- Click the Exams button (See Fig. 2) in top navigation bar.
- Click the New Exam button (See Fig. 3).
- In the pop-up window, select the course name from the Course drop-down menu (See Fig. 4).
- In the Exam Name field, enter the Canvas Quiz name as it's entered in Canvas.
- In the Start date and time and End date and time fields, enter the information as you have it in Canvas (See Fig. 5). This field is required. So, if you do not have Start and End dates, enter the first day and last day of the semester.
- In the Exam Duration section, select the Hours and Minutes from the drop-down menus (See Fig. 6). The duration should be the same as the Time Limit field in your Canvas Quiz.
- Click the Next button on the bottom of the window.
- In the Security Level drop-down menu, select the Live Premium option (See Fig. 7). This option schedules a live proctor to observe your test-taker.
- In the Link to test field, you will need to paste the URL of the Canvas exam.
- Your Canvas site should still be open in a separate tab in your web browser. Click on the tab for your site.
- Click on your Quizzes button in the course navigation window.
- Locate the exam you are entering into Examity and click on the exam title.
- Copy the URL of the exam from the address field (See Fig. 8).
- Click on the Examity tab and paste the URL in the Link to test field.
- Enter the password in the Exam Password field as you entered it in your Canvas quiz (See Fig. 9).
- If your exam requires students to complete any additional electronic files, you can allow for file upload. Otherwise, leave it set to No.
- This page establishes the specific rules and instructions for the exam.
- If you want to import these settings from a previous exam, click the drop-down menus for each section and select the exam rules and instructions you want to import.
- Optionally, in the Additional Rules section, check the box for each of the items you will allow.
- Optionally, in the Special Instructions section, you can enter instructions For Test-takers, For Proctors, or For Both.
- Click the Create Exam button.
- Click Done to finish and return to your Exams page (See Fig. 10). Or you can Review Details or add a New Scheduling Exception for one or more students.
Examity Instructor Guide- Canvas.pdf (1.48 MB)
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 9:23 AM