Proctorio Exam Settings | Open Digital Textbook
These settings can be used to launch tests in courseware from inside Canvas quizzes. It is recommended that the content in the courseware be password protected. A link and the password should be provided in a Text (no question) "question."
Figure 2: Recommended Third-Party Tools Settings.
- Red X - a setting that eLearning does not recommend
- Red (box) - a setting that may cause difficulties for students with visual impairments
- Blue X - a setting that should not be used will cause problems with this recommended setup
- Blue (box) - a setting that is required to make this setup work correctly
- Purple (box) - a setting that might be necessary to allow students to use external tools (e.g., an IPA Keyboard Editor for special symbols)
Settings that should be set:
- Record Video
- Record Audio
- Record Screen
- Record Screen - required since browser is not locked down
- Record Web Traffic - required since browser is not locked down
- Record Room - do not enable if students with visual impairments will be taking
- Only One Screen
- Close Open Tabs
- Disable Printing
- Disable Clipboard - do not select if students need to copy from another app
- Block Downloads
- Clear Cache
- Disable Right Click - do not select if students need to copy from another app
- Verify Video
- Verify Audio
- Verify Desktop
- Auto ID Check - do not enable if students with visual impairments will be taking
Settings that are not recommended:
- Prevent Re-entry
- Verify Signature
Note: After August 1, 2020, courses using McGraw-Hill Connect courseware with copyright dates of 2019 or later should be able to use McGraw-Hill's integration with Proctorio without any additional cost to students. Please contact email@example.com to check on the availability of this integration with your title.
Modified on: Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 10:21 AM
Did you find it helpful?