Proctorio Exam Settings | Closed-Book/Closed-Internet
These recommendations are for closed-book/closed-internet exams using most question types:
Figure 1: Recommended for Most Exams Settings.
- Red X - a setting that eLearning does not recommend.
- Red (box) - a setting that may cause difficulties for students with visual impairments.
- Purple (box) - a setting that might be necessary to allow students to use external tools (e.g., an IPA Keyboard Editor for special symbols).
Settings that should be set:
- Record Video
- Record Audio
- Record Screen
- Record Room - do not enable if students with visual impairments will be taking
- Force Full Screen (Lenient or Moderate)
- Only One Screen
- No New Tabs
- Close Open Tabs
- Disable Printing
- Disable Clipboard - do not select if students need to copy from another app
- Block Downloads
- Clear Cache
- Disable Right Click - do not select if students need to copy from another app
- Verify Video
- Verify Audio
- Verify Desktop
Settings that are not recommended:
- Prevent Re-entry
- Verify Signature
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 10:27 AM