Retention policy for Kaltura media
The Kaltura cloud storage environment is reviewed annually in order to remove duplicated and outdated files.
Kaltura media recordings that have not been played in two years will be deleted. Any Zoom recordings imported into Kaltura that have not been played in the last year will be deleted.
Keeping files from being deleted
Kaltura media owners can keep files from being deleted by playing them.
- Login to your Canvas instance for your campus.
- From the Canvas dashboard, click the Account button in the global navigation menu
- In the popout window, click the My Media button (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: My Media button.
- In the Sort By field, select Plays (see Fig.2). The video list will show the ones with the most plays at the top and least plays at the bottom.
Figure 2: Select Plays from the dropdown list.
- Scroll to the video in the list you want to keep.
- Click on the thumbnail of the video to load the video on the page.
- Click the Play button.
- Let the video fully load and play it for at least 30 seconds. You do not have to watch the entire video.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 8:18 AM