Assessing student presentations with VoiceThread
Students can create a VoiceThread presentation (singly or as a group), submit that VoiceThread to their instructor, and share the VoiceThread with their classmates for comments and discussion. The set up requires three VoiceThread links in your course. We suggest that you name these links clearly with their intended purpose as seen below.
Part 1 - Create
For the students to be able to create a VoiceThread presentation you need to give them access to VoiceThread. Students will access their VT Home area to create their presentation.
Note: If they are working in groups you will need to designate one student to create the presentation and to share it with their group members.
- Go to your Canvas course.
- Add a VT Home link to a module.
- Name it something like Create your presentation here.
- Learn how to grade VoiceThread assignments.
Part 2 - Submit
Once the student has finished their presentation they will need to submit it to you for grading.
Note: If they are working in groups you will designate one student to submit the presentation.
- In your Canvas module, add a VoiceThread assignment.
- It will be a Create type of assignment.
- Name this link something like Submit your presentation here.
Part 3 - Share (optional)
If you would like your students to comment on each others presentations you will need to give them a place to do so. Students will need to access the Course View area to view classmates presentations.
- On your Canvas module, add a Course View link.
- Name it something like Watch presentations here.
- Students will have to Share their presentations with the rest of the class in order for their classmates to view and comment on them.
- If you are going to be Grading the discussion and comments from the other students you will also need to create a No Submission type Canvas Assignment in the grade center to put their points. You will need to track and post those manually.
Modified on: Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 12:30 PM
Did you find it helpful?