Initially setting up Proctorio
Proctorio only works with the Chrome web browser. Students and instructors must use a Chrome browser when working with Proctorio. Download Chrome and install it on your machine. University-owned machines may require IT assistance to install the Chrome browser.
Chrome extension required
Proctorio requires a Chrome extension. Install the Proctorio extension.
Enable Proctorio in your course navigation menu
- In your Canvas site, click the Settings button in the course navigation menu
- Click on the Navigation tab (See Fig. 1).
- Drag Secure Exam Proctor from the bottom section to the top section, placing it where you want it in the menu (See Fig. 2).
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen (See Fig. 3).
- Click the Secure Exam Proctor button in the course navigation menu. It will either confirm that the browser extension is installed or take you to a page to install it.
- After it's installed, the Secure Exam Proctor button will disappear from the navigation menu.
For the next steps, see Adding Proctorio to a Canvas Quiz.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Mon, May 24, 2021 at 11:18 AM