Proctorio is an advanced solution for online test security and remote, automated test proctoring.
How can I use Proctorio in teaching?
- Verify the student’s identity as the test begins
- Lockdown the student’s computer with a variety of options while students are taking your test
- Monitor the student’s computer and environment while the test is in progress
What is unique about Proctorio?
- Proctorio is fully automated, so students never have to schedule time with a proctor to take an exam
- Proctorio allows the instructor to enable options for automated verification and monitoring of the test-taker, the environment, and the desktop. Features include content protection (by locking down the computer’s clipboard and screen-capture capabilities), and analysis of the student’s on-screen activities, eye, and facial movements, a panorama of the room, and of ambient noise to alert you to the likelihood that the student may have cheated
- Proctorio also provides performance reports on the student's computer and their internet connection, allowing a degree of verification of student complaints about glitches
Proctorio is integrated into Canvas so there is no software to install. The only supported browser is Google Chrome. Students will need a web camera and microphone and will need to download a browser extension from Proctorio.
Students may be prompted to change some browser security settings and then restart Chrome the first time they use the Proctorio. Students should plan to take the test in a well-lit space to ensure that a good recording of their test session can be made.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 11:47 AM