EquatIO allows easy writing of math and science equations, formulas, and other expressions on your computer. EquatIO is available in Canvas, as a mobile app, and in a Chrome browser extension.
How can I use EquatIO in teaching?
- Create and display expressions in Canvas quizzes, pages, assignments (anywhere there is a rich text editor)
- Take handwritten expressions and translate them to type
- Use LaTeX to create math expressions and add them directly into digital documents
- Use a microphone for speech to text
What is unique about EquatIO?
- Graph Editor - Create and customize single or multiple graphs, plot ordered pairs or tables of points
- Handwriting recognition - digitize equations written in ink or with a mouse or stylus
- Speech input - dictate equations and formulas aloud
- Screenshot reader - digitize screenshots of math and reads them out loud
- EquatIO mobile - use your phone or tablet to insert handwritten math, spoken math, or images into your document
EquatIO is a part of Canvas, so there is no software to install when using it the LMS. An EquatIO app will run on your mobile device. Users can also install a Chrome browser extension.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 12:52 PM