Adding Zoom and creating meetings from your Canvas site
Instructors wanting to use their UM System Zoom account in their Canvas site will need to enable the Zoom UM System button in the site's course navigation menu.
- Log in with your username and password to Canvas for your campus:
- Click on the Canvas site where you want to use Zoom.
- On the course navigation menu, click the Settings button.
- Click on the Navigation tab (See Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Click on the Navigation tab on the top of the page.
- Locate the UM System Zoom button on the lower half of the page (See Fig 2).
Figure 2: Locate the Zoom UM System button.
- Click on the More icon (three stacked dots) and select the Enable option from the drop-down list (See Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Select Enable to move the button to the top section of the page.
- The button is now enabled.
- Optionally, position the button where you want it to appear in the course navigation menu. Click and drag the button to the new location.
- Click the Save button on the bottom of the page.
If you already have scheduled Zoom meetings from a different Zoom account, you will need to recreate them in your Zoom UM System button.
Did you find it helpful?
Modified on: Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 11:59 AM